FAQ Frequently Asked Questions
How can I contact the associated trades?
There are three ways to find the various associated trades. The first one is through the advanced search box on the home page. The search can be performed by entering a keyword, by location or by category. The second option is selecting from the menu what you need and click on the different categories/subcategories. And the third is to access the Trade tabs. This provides a list of all associated businesses.
How can I contact the Association?
Through the contact section. You can send an email to email@example.com. If you wish you use the Telephone of the Association (+34) 670 545 739 ó (+34) 659 921 873.
The annual fee is 100 euros and is paid each semester
Do you have to pay a joining fee?
The first time you enroll as a member of the Association , apart from the corresponding fee, you have to pay a single fee of 50 euros.
How can I become a member of AECO
To become a member this can either be done telematically or in person.The registration form can be downloaded via this website, accessing the section joining AECO. There you will find detailed information on how to proceed, and the necessary documents required.. With the registration form duly completed, together with the required documentation, you can forward this to AECO via the email account firstname.lastname@example.org. If you prefer, you can send the documents by post, or you go to the Association offices at Avenida of el Portet, 38 – Moraira (Mapfre Office).
What previous authorizations or communications should be provided by the trader?
The trader must request authorization from the competent Department in trade for:
- The opening, modification or extension of large surfaces, i.e., establishments that have a commercial surface area equal to or exceeding 1,000 square meters, or in the case of populations of less than 40,000 inhabitants, establishments which have a surface area equal to or greater than 600 square meters.
- Authorization or licenses should be requested from the corresponding town hall for the opening of a commercial establishment.
What are the general obligations of the trader?
As a general rule those established by the regulations concerning the type of goods that the company is offering. Particularly the goods must comply with the regulations on the composition of products, labelling and safety of the product in question, as well as the Special industry or business sectors that constitute the object of its activity, and remove from its establishment the goods that do not comply with these rules.
- Proof o being in possession of the necessary authorizations and licenses required by the competent administration.
- Be up to date in the payment of all aplicable taxes and obligations
- Comply with the standards for the protection of the rights of consumers and users
What are the basic obligations of the trader towards the consumers?
- Clearly display next to items their corresponding selling price.
- Provide an invoice, receipt or proof of payment duly broken down where applicable, except when the consumer expressly renounces.
- Have Claim forms available to consumers.
- Supply a guarantee certificate on products of a durable nature.
- Assure that all promotional activities do not incur forms of illegal advertising, in particular, without engaging in misleading information.
- Agreements with consumers without existence of unfair terms.
- Market safe articles and provide adequate technical assistance.
Do they offer home delivery?
The different associated establishments offer this service, free of charge, they will deliver your purchases to the address provided. In addition, there is also an Assembly service of the product, without any additional cost.
The legal framework of guarantee gives the consumer different options to assure the correct function of the acquired object when it is not according to contract, giving you the option to repair the goods or its replacement provided that the chosen option is not impossible or disproportionate, in which case the consumer will choose between the reduction of the price or termination of the agreement (money-back) . From the moment that the buyer informs seller of their choice both parties must adhere to it.
What rights does the consumer have if the product does no comply?
- Right to repair
- Right to substitution
- Right to the reduction of the price
- Right to termination of the agreement_